The UGA Bulldogs kicked off the 2016 football season with a win over the University of North Carolina on Saturday. Now with the Dawgs’ first home game of the season approaching, the excitement for Game Day between the hedges is near. In between cheering on the Dawgs and tailgating in Athens, find time to unwind in Watkinsville-Oconee County with our Top 5 List Georgia Fans must experience:
1. Dinner at Chops & Hops: A hometown favorite, the locally-owned fine dining establishment has been occupied by Georgia Dawgs quite often. Experience the great food and nice atmosphere that UGA students and athletes travel just 8 short miles for.
2. Downtown Shopping: Pick out your game day outfit at Orchard Street Boutique and Empire South, or find unique treasures for your home at Hudson Butler Design and Attic Treasures.
3. Antique Shopping: If Attic Treasures inspires you, drive down to Bishop where you can find a cluster of antique stores all within one mile of each other along Highway 441.
4. Elder Mill Covered Bridge: If you’re traveling south, stop by this rare Georgia beauty. The bridge is one of only 13 functioning covered bridges in the state. Click here for a guide to visiting the 1890s bridge.
5. Washington Farms: The popular farm won’t open for the fall season until late September, but it’s the perfect way to enjoy a Georgia fall weekend. The farm will feature a corn maze, petting zoo, pumpkin patch, and much more.
http://visitoconee.com/wp-content/uploads/slide9.jpg8161224Raquel Cobbhttp://visitoconee.com/wp-content/uploads/17visit-oconee-logo-color-trans.pngRaquel Cobb2016-09-09 15:59:502017-05-26 10:25:13Top 5 for a UGA Game Day Weekend