It’s that time to shower the irreplaceable woman in your life with lots of love. Let your mother, wife, or grandmother know just how much they are appreciated by taking advantage of the unique gifts and activities our local shops have to offer. You don’t have to drive far to show your love and appreciation with intimate, unique and heartfelt gifts and outings for your superwoman.
- You can never go wrong with an arrangement from Elizabeth Ann Florist & Gift Shop located in downtown Watkinsville. Their specially made arrangements are sure to make your mother’s heart flutter with bright and extravagant flowers. You may choose from the shop’s many arrangements, as well as other décor sold in their gift shop. Also, enter to win their Mother’s Day basket with special gifts from their flower shop and Hudson Butler Design. Visit their Facebook page for more information. Website: watkinsvillegaflorist.com
- What’s better than creating a treasure your mother, wife, or grandmother will cherish forever? Purchase or create handmade jewelry from Gone with the Bead, also located in downtown Watkinsville. Gone with the Bead also offers classes in which you can learn how to create a unique piece that perfectly matches your mother’s personality and style. The bead shop will offer classes on Saturday, May 6. Spend quality time by bringing your mother out to enjoy this fun and unique activity. Call 706-769-2012 for more information on classes. Website: gonewiththebead.com
- For the mother with the sweet tooth, visit Bee’s Knees Bakery to satisfy every craving with homemade and customizable desserts. This Mother’s Day, Bee’s Knees Bakery is serving up their special Cupcake Bouquets, something pleasing to the taste buds as well as the eyes. Other delicious treats for purchase include cakes, cookies, brownies and so much more. Website: beeskneesbakeryandgifts.com
- At Paint with Class you are sure to find a unique gift for your uniquely-made mother, and if not, Paint with Class will give you the tools to create the gift you have in mind. The home décor and gift boutique offers art classes as well as specialized workshops. Call to find out more on the classes and special Mother’s Day pieces they offer at 706-769-8442. Website: paintwithclass.com
- Purchase handcrafted art from the Chappelle Gallery & Happy Valley Pottery. The Chappelle Gallery and Happy Valley Pottery sells contemporary pieces from more than 125 artists. The works of art include garden art, pottery, glass, jewelry and so much more. There will be reduced pricing on select items just in time for Mother’s Day. At Happy Valley Pottery, you can watch artists showcase their talents in pottery making, Raku firing, glass blowing, and other techniques. Website: chapellegallery.com
- Learn how to create beautiful works of art for your mother at one of OCAF’s many workshops and classes. Their classes can also be a fun activity to do with your mom and even the kids. You can also take a stroll through their SOUTHWORKS exhibit. The exhibit’s final week on display is the week before Mother’s Day. Check the OCAF website for class schedules and upcoming exhibits. Website: ocaf.com
Photos courtesy of Elizabeth Ann Florist & Gift Shop, Bee’s Knees Bakery, and Paint With Class.