Open Records Resolution
RESOLUTION OF THE OCONEE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS FOR THE PURPOSE OF NAMING AN OPEN RECORDS OFFICER, AN ALTERNATE OPEN RECORDS OFFICER AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
Whereas, the provisions of the Georgia Open Records Act, the “Act” (O.C.G.A. Section 50-18-70, et seq.), were amended by action of the Georgia Legislature during its 2012 session; and
Whereas, one of the changes to the Act allows for the appointment of an Open Records Officer to whom all requests for records must be made; and
Whereas, a further change to the Act provides that a county may require all requests made under the Act to be made in writing; and
Whereas, the Act further provides for notice of such change;
Now Therefore, pursuant to the provisions of the Act, the Oconee County Board of Commissioners does hereby resolve as follows:
1. Gina Lindsey Hansford, County Clerk, is designated as the Open Records Officer and Jane Greathouse, Deputy County Clerk, is designated as the alternate Open Records Officer to act in Gina Lindsey Hansford’s absence, both to act for Oconee County and all of its related and subsidiary entities as defined in the Act, herein the “County”;
2. All requests for records made under the Act directed to the County shall be made in writing to the Open Records Officer, or in her absence, to the alternate;
3. The Open Records Officer is directed to cause all County websites to prominently display this designation and requirement;
4. The Open Records Officer is directed to notify the Oconee Enterprise as the county legal organ and any other media regularly covering County matters of the content of this resolution;
5. The Open Records Officer is directed to notify all county employees and volunteers that any requests made under the Act shall be directed to the Open Records Officer or her alternate; and
6. This action shall be effective immediately upon the notifications to the media and the changes to the websites having been made.
Resolved this 24th day of April, 2012, by action of the Oconee County Board of Commissioners.
G. Melvin Davis, Chair